Superior, WI offers a variety of opportunities for visitors and residents alike. Here are a few things we love about Superior!
- Wisconsin Point, along with Minnesota Point, reportedly make up the largest freshwater sandbar in the world
- There are 8 Lake Superior beaches within the City of Superior and 5 beaches located in rural outskirting areas
- Summer, spring, fall activities include ATVing, exploring the Brule River, Archery, Boating and visiting the Superior Municipal Forest, Pattison State Park and Amnicon State Park. County ATV map can be found here. Take in Big Manitou Falls, Wisconsin’s tallest waterfall, in Pattison State Park.
- Hiking options include the Osaugie, Pokegama and Millennium Trails. Additional in town trail map can be found here.
- Winter activities include local Cross Country Skiing Trails, Snowmobiling and numerous other Winter Recreational Opportunities. In town snowmobile trail map can be found here.
- Numerous Hunting & Fishing Options in Douglas County along Lake Superior and inland. The City of Superior maintains four boat launch sites for public use.
- The Apostle Island Ice Caves managed by the National Park Service
- Superior is home to many golf courses including Nemadji Golf Club, Pattison Park Golf Course and Capt’n J’s Miniature Golf
- Barker’s Island, which is a focal point of recreation, includes beaches, boat landing, marina, picnic/swimming area and miniature golf course
- Mont du Lac Resort offers year round activities including skiing, snowboarding, biking, archery and disc golf as well as lodging
- Richard I. Bong Veterans Historical Center honors the memory of Major Bong and all veterans of World War II through exhibits, programs and lectures
- AMSOIL Speedway offers stock car racing for adults and children
- Fairlawn Mansion, a Queen Anne Victorian house with four-story turret and widow’s watch, is a well recognized landmark in the City of Superior offering tours and annual events
- SS Meteor is the last remaining whaleback freighter designed by Captain Alexander McDougall and built here in Superior, Wisconsin
- Old Firehouse & Police Museum built in 1898 offers a look at fire fighting equipment and police memorabilia of that era
- Douglas County Historical Society transports you back in history to the creation and expansion of Superior, Wisconsin
- Superior Chamber Events Calendar
- Billings Park Days, a family oriented fun festival every August
- East End Family Fun Days every September
- Bayside Sounds Concerts, a free concert series in the summer
- Superior Farmer’s Market during the summer months
- Superior Spooktacular over Halloween
- 4th of July Celebration complete with parade, fireworks and car show
- Superior, WI offers numerous Lodging options
- Dining locations in Superior, WI
- Promotions & Sales offered by local merchants
- Douglas Country printable Brochure
- Source for local recreational Maps